WHO CAN APPLY?
Recognizing the importance of a vibrant, professionally active faculty to the success of its mission, Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi provides for paid leaves of absence from normal faculty duties for the purpose of professional development. Applicants must be tenured, full-time faculty members with a minimum of six (6) consecutive academic years of service at Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi at the time leave is to begin, plans to continue employment at TAMUCC for at least the next academic year, is not a member of the CFE committee, and if awarded a Faculty Development Leave award, they shall not be eligible for another such award for the next six academic years. Please read other parameters for being granted leave as well as responsibilities of awardees, as explained in the university procedure.
Please check the complete Policy
Application must be submitted no later than Wednesday, November 21 as follows:
Step 1: Prepare the two files listed below
- Faculty Development Leave Submission Proposal form.
- A single Application Package file using your last name and first name as the filename, e.g., if your name is John Smith, the file should be named as SmithJohn.doc or SmithJohn.pdf.
This file must contain the following:
- Project Summary (Regent's abstract) - This section should not be longer than one page, double-spaced (12 pt. Times New Roman font), single-sided, describing the project for which you are requesting leave. Make sure your name and contact information appear on this summary sheet
- Project Description*. This section should not be longer than five pages, double-spaced, single-sided (12 pt. Times font), and should include the following:
- Significance to the your discipline
- Research/Creative Activity Plan (methodology, timeline, etc.)
- Anticipated Outcomes/Products
- Statement of Benefit to students, department, college, university, and/or community
*Only five pages of the Project Description will be read; extra pages will not be considered.
- References List/Bibliography. This section should not be longer than two pages, double-spaced, single-sided (12 pt. Times New Roman font).
- Curriculum Vita. This section should provide a record of publications or creative works; previous research grants, including results/outcomes; and professional development activities.
- Statements by at least two professional peers (one of whom must be the appropriate Department Chair) assessing the proposal’s merit and a statement of support from the College Dean.
Step 2: All completed viable applications, with statement of approval from the dean, will be submitted to the CFE by the college dean with notice to the requesting faculty member.
Step 3: The above files should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by College Dean no later than Wednesday, November 21, 2018.