WHO CAN APPLY?
Recognizing the importance of a vibrant, professionally active faculty to the success of its mission, Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi provides for paid leaves of absence from normal faculty duties for the purpose of professional development. Applicants must have a minimum of two consecutive academic years of service in a tenured or tenure track full-time faculty position in the Texas A&M System at the time leave is to begin, plans to continue employment at TAMUCC for at least the next academic year, is not a member of the CFE committee, and if awarded a Faculty Development Leave award, they shall not be eligible for another such award for the next six academic years. Please read other parameters for being granted leave as well as responsibilities of awardees, as explained in the unviersity procedure.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: TBA
HOW DO I APPLY?
Step 1: Prepare the two files listed below
- Faculty Development Leave Submission Proposal form.
- A single Application Package file using your last name and first name as the filename, e.g., if your name is John Smith, the file should be named as SmithJohn.doc or SmithJohn.pdf.
This file must contain the following:
- Project Summary (Regent's abstract) - This section should not be longer than one page, double-spaced (12 pt. Times New Roman font), single-sided, describing the project for which you are requesting leave. Make sure your name and contact information appear on this summary sheet
- Project Description*. This section should not be longer than five pages, double-spaced, single-sided (12 pt. Times font), and should include the following:
- Significance to the your discipline
- Research/Creative Activity Plan (methodology, timeline, etc.)
- Anticipated Outcomes/Products
- Statement of Benefit to students, department, college, university, and/or community
*Only five pages of the Project Description will be read; extra pages will not be considered.
- References List/Bibliography. This section should not be longer than two pages, double-spaced, single-sided (12 pt. Times New Roman font).
- Curriculum Vita. This section should provide a record of publications or creative works; previous research grants, including results/outcomes; and professional development activities.
- Statements by at least two professional peers (one of whom must be the appropriate Department Chair) assessing the proposal’s merit and a statement of support from the College Dean.
Step 2: Complete the online Faculty Development Leave application using the two files created in Step 1 as your attachments.