The Center for Faculty Excellence Committee's Faculty Development Leave Subcommittee consisting of one Full Professor faculty members from each of the 5 colleges, will review all copmleted proposals submitted on time and make recommendations to the Provost.
Primary Criteria for Evaluation
- The overall clarity of the proposal. The Faculty Development Leave request should be well organized and written in a way which is clearly understandable to a lay audience, with any important technical terms explained. The description of the leave should not need supplementary information for the reviewer to understand the project.
- The proposal’s statement of benefits detailing the merits of the proposed activity in relation to the mission and strategic goals of Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi, as stated in the University Catalog; the merits of the proposed project in enhancing the applicant’s teaching, scholarship, and/or creative work; and the merits of the proposed project in contributing to the advancement of knowledge in the field.
- The Regents’ Abstract concisely stating location, purpose, activity, benefits, and impacts of the leave conveying sufficient information for a basic understanding of the project.
- The applicant’s previously demonstrated initiative in the areas of teaching, research, publication, creative activities, or professional activities.
- The applicant’s intention of continued service in the profession and at Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi and willingness to comply with reporting requirements (as indicated on the application form).
- Statements by at least two professional peers (one of whom must be the appropriate Department Chair) assessing the proposal’s merit.
- Statement from the College Dean of the faculty member’s college endorsing the proposed leave.
Secondary Criteria for Evaluation:
- Length of service at Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi.
- Extent to which Faculty Development Leave is necessary for accomplishment of the proposed activity.
- Where available, documented results from previous Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi Research Enhancement grants (college and university) received by the applicant.
- Length of time elapsed since last Faculty Development Leave.
- After the Dean of the faculty member’s college evaluates the proposal, the recommendations will be submitted to the Center for Faculty Excellence Committee.
- The Committee will review the merit of the recommendations based on the previously mentioned criteria and will submit recommendations to the Provost/Vice President for Academic Affairs.
- The Provost/Vice President for Academic Affairs will review and accept/reject the recommendations.
- After reviewing the accepted recommendations with the Provost/Vice President for Academic Affairs, the President will submit a list of university nominees to the Chancellor for recommendation to the Board of Regents for final approval prior to the effective date of leave.
- The Provost/Vice President for Academic Affairs shall be responsible for overseeing the administration of these awards.
- Once awarded and accepted, the terms and conditions of the leave may not be altered.
AWARD NOTIFICATION - Award notification will be sent Spring 2018.